Sunday, November 27, 2011

Week 13

Field Experience:

This past week it was my last time being with my first graders in my host classroom. It was really sad because I have grown to become attached to these students. This particular week we didn't use any type of technology but I know down the road when they will continue to incorporate the technology into their learning.

Technical Skills:

A recently purchased a Macbook and I am getting used to the Apple product because I was so used to the PC's. I am grateful to be in this Edu315 class because we have learned so much new information on technology. I have a basic understanding of the mac computers now and hope to explore the other wonders of this great product soon!

Weekly Reading:

The reading that I recently used this week came from eschoolnews. It was about empowering education with video technologies. Many schools are using websites and videos to inform the parents/guardians of what their child is learning. It also lets them know what is happening in the school up to date. Sometimes parents/guardians are unaware of special events because the children either forget to or choose not to tell their parents. It is empowering because the usage of video is common especially with students playing video games so much and watching television, they have adapted to the usage of videos.

1 comment: