Monday, November 14, 2011

Week 12

Field Experience

During my field experience this week I got to see the children do their morning greeting as a whole school in the gymnasium. They had a power point for the whole school to see the news and announcements of the day. They showed whose birthday it was that day. The birthday students were allowed to go up and say a few words on the microphone. The power point also showed the words to the pledge of allegiance in case some children may have forgotten it. I think it is done every day of the school year so that it a key reminder of using technology each and every day with such a basic task.

Technical Skills


A technical skill that I learned about was a website that helps math teachers with different activities and games for students to use. The website is http://nlvm.usu.edu/

It is a great site for children of all ages to learn about the various mathematical topics. I would definitely use a site like this to help me better understand material but also to incorporate this mathematical technology to my future students. I would recommend it to parents as well so they can play and practice around this site with children as an extra activity at home.

Weekly Reading

In our Edu 373 class we read a book called An Ethic of Excellence by Ron Berger. He isn’t the prototypical teacher that believes in testing. He uses portfolios to view the progress of students. Throughout the book he never mentioned himself using technology which I found to be extremely weird because he is viewed as one of the most remarkable teachers in America today. I thought possibly he just didn’t fit that into the book because he bases his experience mainly on classroom management rather than specific topics. If I had to bet I would guess that once in a while he does incorporate technology into his classroom. This book is great I learned a lot about teaching and the positive and negatives of going into the teaching field. It is a job that won’t pay a lot of money but the reward for this job is like no other. It is something you cannot physically measure, but something that you can measure inside your heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment