Thursday, October 20, 2011

Week 8

Field Experience

This week my host classroom did not use any technology in the classroom, although our block 1 group went to Syracuse to teach a mini lesson to second graders.This was such a great experience because we got to see a different school setting and in my case, a different grade level as well. The first thing that I noticed as soon as i entered the room was the fact that the teacher had a computer at her desk. Usually the computer is off to the side, but I guess she preferred it at her desk. As i walked around the classroom I noticed that there were 4 Mac computers in the class as well. Speaking of good technology there isn't a better quality device than the ones in the classroom. I think it is great there is more than 1 computer. I would definitely try to get the most out of these computers in my classroom if I had them. I think technology is crucial for children's learning and development.

Technical Skills

The technical skill that I learned was how to use the Movie Maker on the Mac Computers. Although I am not an expert at this because I just learned about it, I plan on playing around with it to see what it is capable of doing. I think the Movie Maker could be great for children that are doing group projects. They can film anything and use their voices. I was amazed at how much this program can do and I hope to keep learning more about it!

Weekly Reading

I found an article from eschoolnews.com talking about one particular school in Oklahoma. This school launched its own mobile app where students can check the school website for any important announcements or dates. The app is free of charge and requires the Android or Iphone. I think this is wonderful because in many ways it encourages students to use a SMART phone. SMART phones are a big part of today's society in this day and age where it is used very frequently. I believe this app has separate sections where the children can check homework from their class also so they can always have access to their school work.

No comments:

Post a Comment